- Travel on the classic Trans-Siberian journey from Moscow to Vladivostok on the 4th June and benefit from no single supplement.
- Save up to £7000. Subject to availability.
This is undoubtedly one of the greatest railway journeys in the world and one of the best ways to absorb the rich culture and sprawling landscapes on offer in Russia’s rarely visited interior. This journey connects east and west travelling from Moscow over the Urals, across the endless steppe and alongside the shore of the world’s largest freshwater lake.
- Travel 6,500 miles across Russia, through eight time zones and covering a third of the world’s total!
- Watch the ever-changing landscape, from the comfort of the Luxurious Golden Eagle train.
- Attend private performances of Opera and traditional Mongolian throat singers.
- Take a dip in the bracing crystal clear waters of Lake Baikal before dining on fresh fish on the lakeside shores.
- Marvel at the wonderful wooden architecture around Irkutsk.
- Explore the beautiful Mongolian scenery dotted with Nomadic Gers.
- Visit Vladivostok, home to the Russian Pacific fleet.
MOSCOW TO IRKUTSK
The journey begins with the iconic sites of Moscow, from the grandeur of the Kremlin to the ornate architecture of St Basil's Cathedral. After boarding the Golden Eagle train your journey continues to the picturesque and historic town of Kazan with its UNECSO World Heritage Kremlin fortress. From here onto Yekaterinburg, the Capital of the Ural Mountains, which form a mighty natural divide between Europe and Asia and onwards to the modern soviet city of Novosibirsk and Irkutsk, known as the Paris of Siberia.
LAKE BAIKAL & ULAN UDE
Lake Baikal is a major highlight on this journey and five hours will be spent winding alongside the lake through stunning scenery. To add to the wonderful vistas the Golden Eagle train will also be hauled by a Soviet era steam locomotive for this section of the journey and the day will conclude with a barbecue on the shores of the lake. Onto Ulan Ude with its unique culture and people, known for their local traditions, beliefs and folk singing, before crossing into Mongolia.
ULAAN BAATAR & VLADIVOSTOK
In Ulaan Baatar, explore Gandan Buddhist Monastery, home to over 500 monks and experience some of Mongolia's wild scenery as well as the chance to meet with a traditional Nomadic family. After a few days on board the Golden Eagle train, the journey will end in the military port of Vladivostok with the chance to visit a preserved WWII submarine.
THE GOLDEN EAGLE TRAIN
For the majority of this trip stay on board the luxurious Golden Eagle Train. This private trains contain some of the finest accommodation available in luxury train travel today, offering a high level of comfort; particularly important in the cabins, which will be your ‘hotel room on wheels’. All departures feature one or two restaurant cars and a spacious bar car.
Days spent travelling on board the Golden Eagle train offers the chance to relax and enjoy the passing scenery, take a Russian language class or listen to a talk on Soviet or Russian history.
Whilst in Moscow and Vladivostok you will stay in 5* and 4* Hotel accommodation respectively.
Eastbound Departure Dates in 2017:
May 6 - 20 2017
June 4 - 18 2017
July 23 - 6 August 2017
August 20 - 3 September 2017
Westbound Departure Dates in 2017:
May 19 - 2 June 2017
June 17 - 1 July 2017
August 5 - 19 2017
September 2 - 16 2017
For a more detailed itinerary with great ideas on what to do and where to stay, please get in touch with our experts.