Both Chris and Ben have an infectious enthusiasm for Kenya. They have both spent a huge amount of time visiting the country, its lodges and camps and meeting guides.
WHY WE LIKE KENYA
Home to some of Africa’s best wildlife and a myriad of parks and reserves, as well as incredible beaches lapped by the Indian Ocean, Kenya is the ideal destination for a first time safari, honeymooners, families and seasoned safari hands alike. Good guiding and colourful characters make a safari here extra special – a chance to mix wildlife with culture gives Kenya its edge.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR KENYA SAFARI
From the lush plains of the Masai Mara, to the arid desert of the Northern Frontier, Kenya offers a landscape as diverse as its people. Most of the small, privately owned lodges which we use offer outstanding levels of service and good food and Maasai and Samburu guides provide a warm welcome and wealth of knowledge.
SOME IDEAS FOR KENYA HOLIDAYS
- Watch the wildebeest as they flounder across the Mara River during the great migration.
- Take an early morning balloon ride over the Masai Mara.
- Go walking for a few days in the remote north, as camels carry your bags
- Many camps have children’s programmes making it a great place for a family safari
- Try combining two countries in one holiday - the migration in the Mara, Kenya and the endless, lion rich plains of the Serengeti, Tanzania
- Learn to take professional wildlife pictures on one of our expert-led photographic tours - Albie Venter with packs of wild dogs in Laikipia or a photo safari in the Mara with David Plummer
- Visit 6 countries - Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Tanzania - in 25 days for the ultimate big cat experience.
- Explore the Rift Valley lakes for some peace and relaxation as well as excellent bird watching
- End with a few days on the beach either in a small hotel or rent a private, fully staffed villa
BEYOND THE ORDINARY
Explore the Northern Frontier by helicopter, and area of remarkable beauty but otherwise inaccessible.