Mashpi Lodge is a contemporary lodge set in the Ecuadorian cloud forest, designed to immerse in the beautiful surroundings, this really is a luxury retreat in the clouds.
The lodge has been built using the latest sustainable materials incorporating natural earth tones, striking angles and minimalist décor.
There are 22 rooms and suites all with floor to ceiling and wall to wall windows with the forest only a few metres away. The dining room serves meals created around native ingredients and flavours from both the coast and Andes of Ecuador.
The lodge offers fully inclusive packages with all meals and guided excursions.
Located three hours drive from Quito on the western slopes of the Andes in the Ecuadorian cloud forest.
- Dining room with full panoramic setting
- Open air panoramic terrace
- Reading room and learning area
- Wellness area with Jacuzzi and treatment rooms
- Sky Bike - this makes for an original and exciting way to explore the forest canopy. Pedal a special bike along a cable stretched between two points in the forest.
- Hike along one of the many different trails at day or night, a great option for birdwatching.
- Visit the Life Centre - a place for learning and discovery. A large wooden deck with fruit feeders attracts all sorts of wildlife from birds to rodents and other mammals. This is a great place to relax in hammocks and take in the views.
- Climb to the 30 metre observation tower to get close to nature at the top of the canopy.
- The hummingbird viewpoint is a fascinating place to watch these hovering creatures.
- The "Canopy Gondola" glides through and above the forest canopy on an exploration of the Reserve's ecosystem.
Member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, a collection of world-class accommodations offering rich and meaningful experiences and showing a commitment to sustainability.