Look closely at China and you will find that innovation and antiquity exist side by side. While China has emerged as a global superpower, it still retains a rich history and distinctive culture. From the man-made wonder of the Great Wall to the natural beauty of Yunnan, China is a land of both rare beauty and stark contrasts.
What to expect on your china holiday
One of the big issues facing those travelling to China, which can also affect the price of a holiday, is the quality of the guides. Many are paid a minimal salary and make up the difference through commission from shops, resulting in unwanted shopping trips. Also, you may find that different companies offer you seemingly identical itineraries but for a lower price. Such differences in price are generally for a number of reasons such as a lower standard of guides, the transportation used (slower trains and internal airline) and whether the trip is a 'shopping' or 'non shopping' trip. Our China experts will navigate through these possible pitfalls and design outstanding itineraries for your holiday to China.
ways we make it special
- Visit the Forbidden City in Beijing through the VIP area of the Conghua Palace
- Experience a tai chi class with a Tai chi Master at the Temple of Heaven in Beijing
- Meet local monks in Wutaishan for a discussion about their lives and culture
- Receive access to the VIP viewing platform at the Terracota Warriors
- In Xi´an gain access to the restoration room where archaeologists demonstrate and explain the knowledge and skill of restoring the Emperor's relics
- Hire bicycles and take a tour through the hidden alleys in Shanghai
- Travel to the Great Wall by campervan and trek across remote sections of this incredible site
ways we make it even more special
- Organise an art expert to visit the art district of Beijing with you
- Arrange an Imperial lunch or dinner at a private pavillion of the Summer Palace, including local live music
- Helicopter tour over the Great Wall
- Helicopter tour in Hong Kong
We have been creating China holidays since 1994. Paul, our main China specialist, first travelled to China in 1983 and in the intervening years has made over 30 visits to every corner. Added to Paul’s knowledge and another Sinophile is Charlie, who has also made many visits to China. It is their wealth of in-depth knowledge and first-hand experience that enables them to tailor your holiday to meet your exact requirements and interests.
Call our travel experts on 01285 651 010 to start planning your China holiday.