Cambodia is all too often overshadowed by its more visited neighbours. However, a holiday to Cambodia will provide cuisine to match that of Vietnam, pristine beaches to rival those found in Thailand and architectural wonders which overshadow many found in Burma and Indonesia. In short, Cambodia is a fascinating South East Asian gem. Tourism has well and truly taken off, yet a trip to Cambodia remains an adventure as much as a holiday.
MALAYSIA AIRLINES new year SALE
Add Cambodia to your Bucket List for 2017. Book your holiday and flights with Steppes Travel before the 31st January, for travel anytime between now and the 30th June 2017, and again from 15th August to the 30th November 2017 to benefit from half price airfares with Malaysia Airlines.
What to expect on your Cambodia holiday
Cambodia is a beautiful and beguiling country which rarely fails to engage and enchant its visitors. Its artistic and cultural heritage is typified by the sprawling 1,000 year old temple complex of Angkor, the impressive legacy of the Khmer Empire and one of the truly spectacular wonders of the world. Since stability returned to the region, Cambodia has proved a magnet for tourists and nowhere is this more evident than at Angkor. However the sheer size of the site (390 square miles) ensures that with proper knowledge it is still possible to experience the peace and serenity that once existed.
In keeping with much of Asia, Cambodian hotels are of a high standard and range from luxury five star international chains to the more atmospheric privately owned establishments which we would recommend.
Some ideas for a Cambodia holiday
- Private Angkor tour with a resident archaeologist
- Blessing with a monk
- Remote Angkor temples for champagne at sunset
- Micro-flite trip (or helicopter over Angkor)
- Meet a Khmer Rouge survivor
- Private villa dinner outside Siem Reap – set amongst the paddy fields
- Traditional private boat on Tonle Sap
- Safari style breakfast at Angkor – served from a private tuk tuk
Beyond the ordinary
- Visit Chi Phat in the Cardamom Mountains – pristine jungle with local forest rangers and onto either 4 Rivers Lodge
- Home stay at Kamong Khleang or Tonle Sap Lake
- Explore Banteay Chhmar, a peaceful and hardly visited jungle temple plus an NGO visit
OUR CAMBODIA EXPERTISE
Paul is a legend within the travel industry and has visited more remote areas in the world than most people can dream about and, if you wish to venture off the beaten track into areas that define travel beyond the ordinary, it is Paul to whom you turn. Clare and Charles also both have first-hand experience of designing holidays to Cambodia, having explored each corner. Between them the team can put together the trip of a lifetime to this less explored region of South East Asia.