Above the crashing surf of the Southern Ocean on Kangaroo Island, this stunning lodge boasts beautiful panoramic views and adjoins 2 National Parks. Each of the twenty-one luxurious suites features lavish king sleeping areas, sunken lounge, dramatic glass walled bathroom and an outdoor terrace from which to enjoy the spectacular view.
Kangaroo Island sits just 15km from the shores of mainland South Australia and Southern Ocean Lodge is perched above the cliffs that line the south-west coast of this island. Reached in just 50 minutes’ drive from the airport or 90 minutes from the ferry port.
- A gastronomic restaurant with panoramic views
- Infinity-edge plunge pool
- Outdoor seating area
- Library and game room
- Mountain bikes
With delicious, fresh produce abound in South Australia, the menu at Southern Ocean Lodge changes on a daily basis. The Chef and his team use local ingredients cooked in a sophisticated and simple way to produce wonderful gourmet dishes.
All meals and drinks are included in a stay at Southern Ocean Lodge.
Touring is included during a stay here and is designed to highlight the wildlife and marine life of the island. Home to sea lions, fur-seals, dolphins, kangaroo, echidna and possum to name a few, Kangaroo Island is often referred to as Australia’s Galapagos. During your stay you could also try out additional activities such as beach fishing (the chef will be delighted to cook your catch for you), stargazing, walking or just relax and enjoy one of the lodges signature spa treatments.
Why we like it
Exclusive without being pretentious, Southern Ocean Lodge is one of the most awarded, luxurious and exclusive retreats in Australia. The views from the hotel are simply stunning with nothing but ocean between you and Antarctica.
Read Charles blog following his stay at Southern Ocean Lodge - it's a hard job, but somebody has to do it.......
- Combine a stay at Southern Ocean Lodge with Capella Lodge on Lord Howe Island and/or Longitude 131 at Ayers Rock and benefit from exclusive value add inclusions at each hotel
- a 15 minute helicopter flight over Uluru at Longitude 131 - a value add worth £200 per couple
- a complimentary room upgrade at Southern Ocean Lodge - a value add worth up to £1,750 per couple
- an island inspired BBQ lunch including premium wine & delivered to your choice of idyllic locations at Capella Lodge - a value add worth up to £130 per couple
- A stay at two lodges must total 6 nights or more and a stay at all three lodges must equal a minimum of 9 nights
- Valid for all new bookings between 01 April 2017 & 31 March 2018