Steppes Travel offers an exciting choice of Amazon cruises in Brazil, Ecuador's Yasuni National Park and on the upper reaches of the Amazon in Peru. We also offer a wide choice of Amazon boats, ranging from the comfortable to the very luxurious MV Aria, Delfin and Anakonda, allowing you to explore with no compromise on comfort.
The mightiest river of all and an iconic ‘must see’ destination, the Amazon plays host to one of the world’s most impressive collections of fauna and flora. Lying on the equator, the Amazon can be visited throughout the year, however the river’s annual fluctuations provide interesting seasonal variation when it rises by up to nine metres.
Travelling by small boat is the ideal way to explore this watery wilderness. Take advantage of daily guided excursions that get you off the beaten track, exploring the forest, different habitats, tributaries and local communities.
Some ideas for your Amazon cruise
- Experience the world’s mightiest river, stretching over 6,000 kilometres and encompassing eight countries
- Cruise deep into the Amazonian rainforest to get a true sense of its sheer scale and unparalleled diversity
- Home to over a third of all wildlife species on earth, the Amazon is well-suited to those with a strong naturalist interest
- Good chance to see pink river dolphin, various species of primate, sloth and abundant birdlife
- We offer authentic Amazon cruises travelling off the beaten track for a full examination of Amazon ecology
OUR AMAZON CRUISE EXPERTISE
Sue, our Amazon specialist, has travelled along the Amazon on board the Tucano on a memorable eight day expeditionary voyage exploring the Rio Negro, one of the Amazon’s largest but least explored major tributaries. She's also travelled aboard a number of other boats so can offer first hand advice when planning your own Amazon cruise.